Another varied and interesting week at Chesterton
Another varied and interesting week in school:
- On Monday we had a Heads of House planning day. This was an opportunity to take stock of where we are with the implementation of the house system and vertical tutoring. The four Heads of House were very positive about what has happened so far, but they could also see many things they’d like to develop further. During the day they worked on the tutor programme delivered in the mornings and also how they would use data to support student mentoring.
- Tuesday evening was busy with a Parent Forum and Full Governors’ meeting. At the governors’ meeting we discussed numerous items, but mostly focused on an external audit of our accounts and the launch of our new website. Governors have been considering ways to improve our communication so were really pleased to see the new website. A small group of governors are looking at how to broaden our communication with parents, so there should be lots of interesting events happening soon.
- Wednesday morning was delightful, with our first Honours’ Board celebration event. Students who have been nominated for our new Honours’ Boards were invited to attend a celebratory event with their parents. It was an opportunity to have photographs taken near the boards and to recognise the students’ achievements. The Farnsworth Hall was absolutely full and it was lovely to see parents and grandparents attending the event.
- On Thursday evening we held our “Outstanding At Chesterton” evening, which was an opportunity to consider our Ofsted report and share our new school improvement plan which we have developed to move us to being outstanding. It was a very well attended event and the Senior Leadership Team really enjoyed having the opportunity to share the work that is happening in school.
- The week ended with our Children In Need day: a superb finish to the week. The hall was full of student run stalls: raffles; cake stalls and competitions; all very inventive and great fun. There were some amazing costumes, focused on the theme of “Heroes”, and even a handmade Iron Man costume: truly incredible!