Chesterton Tablet Scheme
The scheme in 17-18
In Year 7 the school provides each student with a tablet learning device free of charge, so each student gets used to using the device in lessons.
Students Receive their devices after October half term, you do not have to do any thing at this point, we will provide each student with a device.
Students will focus on using a set range of apps pre defined by the school, so in year 7 students don’t have the ability to install their own apps and do not need a Apple ID.
Please see the list of apps for year 7 below.
Dc Circuit Builder
adobe Spark Page
Adobe spark Video
Year 8- 11
Information will be provided soon.
Please read the Tablet Scheme evaluation below from 2013/14.
At Chesterton we use a filtering service provided by the “Cambridgeshire County Council ICT Service”.
This provides internet filtering at home and at school, this allows you to have peace of mind that that your children are always safe on the web. Unfortunately the way the filtering works means that sometimes perfectly safe websites or images get blocked. If you find a website that you think should be unblocked please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, unfortunately we do not have the ability to unblock images.
We also provide to option to elevate the filtering after school so your child can access some popular social media websites. If you would like this you, the parent would need to email email@example.com
All iPads that are purchased with the school come with this filtering service as standard and can not be removed for the safety of your child.
If you have not purchased a device through Chesterton, they will be filtered at school but not at home. If you would like our filtering service put on the device so they are filtered at home please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Insurance, Warranty and Theft Claims
The first step would be to send the Student to the IT office in their lunch break, we can evaluate if it’s warranty, insurance or theft claim. Please make sure that when any damage occurs it is reported to IT in a timely manner as we cannot process claims older than a week.
If a student has lost their iPad or believes it to be stolen they need to contact IT straight away, the sooner we know the easier it is to find it. Please make sure that the student has also checked with their teachers and in the classrooms that they had been in the day of losing the device.
The student will have to fill out a form so we can send it off to the insurance company.
Things to remember:
- The Case / Screen Protector must be on the device at all time, if not – the insurance claim is denied.
- We don’t mind how the device was broken so please give a truthful and accurate account of how the device was damaged, we can’t process the claim without a valid reason.
- The insurance claim must be reported and claimed within a week of damage.
- A Student may be able to borrow a loan iPad while the device insurance process is carried out (this is dependent on stock and we can not guarantee a loan device).
- Time taken to authorise claim, arrange collection, repair and sent back to the School may take up to three weeks but during non busy periods this may only take one week.
- Tablet chargers, cables and accessories are not covered by the insurance or warranty, you can purchase these from the school finance office at a discounted rate.
- If you choose to purchase your own iPad you need to purchase your own insurance as it will not be coverd by the school.
If you have any financial queries or want to change options please contact email@example.com