Pupil Premium Overview 2016-17
- Learning Mentors support students by having an overview of their performance; encouraging high levels of attendance; liaising with teachers; supporting student organisation; encouraging liaison with home and helping with consolidating what is learnt in lessons.
- Sam Williams will be working with KS4 students;
- Nicola Von Schreiber will be working with KS3 students.
Realising potential leads
- Realising Potential Leads ensure faculty areas sustain their focus on PP performance by analysing data to identify need and quantifying impact; developing subject interventions and leading faculty meetings.
- English: Amanda Saliba
- Maths: Barbara Sterecki
- Science: Hayley McCulloch
- Arts: Morgain Murray Williams
- MFL: Erinn Heggan;
- Humanities: Rhiannon Evans
- English, Maths and Science teachers provide morning tutoring for KS4 students, focused on exam preparation.
- Schools Plus Cambridge University will be providing undergraduates to provide subject tutoring.
- Heads of House and Assistant Heads of House provide mentoring for PP students, during our tutor programme.
- Assistant Heads of House provide revision sessions for PP students.
- Tutors and co-tutors prioritise mentoring for PP students.
- Significant pastoral support is given to issues such as attendance and coping with revision, alongside supporting with day to day needs such as provision of resources and uniform.
- The club is an after-school intervention for students who are under-performing.
- The leads, in liaison with subject and RP leads will prioritise the attendance of PP students.
- The Senior Leadership team will be allocated PP students to mentor throughout the academic year.
- A KS3 survey is completed each year about student cultural and life experience. The outcomes are reviewed and is used to shaped the range of cultural experiences we offer for PP students
- Information from this survey is stored on the CRS so teachers have a good understanding of PP students and their background. It is also shared with staff leading trips and co-ordinating careers provision so they can ensure all PP students are targeted correctly and attend appropriate events.
- PP parents are contacted to ensure that there is a high level of attendance on cultural visits.
- Career interviews are offered to all KS4 PP students;
- KS4 PP students are supported with college visits;
- KS3 PP students receive a careers’ interview to develop their aspirations.
Other: future developments
- Even more heightened focus on prior lower attaining PP students.
- We are seeking to find business mentors for some PP students to help raise their aspirations regarding future careers.
- Our ITT colleagues (PGCE, SCITT etc) will be asked to provide a PP activity, during their time training in school.
- Further refinement of our Y7 PP programme will be in evidence in 2016-17.
Pupil Premium Spending Statement
The amount of Pupil Premium allocation that Chesterton received in the previous Academy Financial Year (September 2015 to August 2016) was £164,514. In the current financial year for the Academy (September 2016 to August 2017) the amount of Pupil Premium allocation that Chesterton Community College expects to receive is £158,950.
Pupil Premium Case Studies
In this section you will see examples of our successful work with our Pupil Premium and vulnerable students. The examples have been chosen as they demonstrate the varied approaches we are taking to help students realise their potential. The student names have been removed for publication on the website, but further details are available for any inspection team.
View the 2017 case studies here – you will need a password to access this, available on request
View the 2016 case studies here – you will need a password to access this, available on request
Pupil Premium Plans
We have created plans for subjects and key areas, such as post-16 guidance, which focus on the provision for Pupil Premium students. These plans focus on specific activities which will have an impact upon the performance and well-being of our Pupil Premium students.